Saturday 7 September 2013

Project 365 | April to August 2013

I just realised that the last time I posted a photo of my Project 365 was that of March. But while I completely forgot to put them on my blog each month, I have been keeping up taking a photo each and every day. 

It can be a bit of a struggle at times, when it's a boring, dull, wet, grey day, and I just can't seem to find anything to capture. On such days, I usually end up taking a photo of food, or tea, or something like that. On other days, it's the choice that makes it difficult to decide which one photo to choose. What is it about that day that you want to remember most? A special sight, place, view? Or something less obvious? Like last weekend, which I spent in lovely Dorset again, when we went to Bridport the last day of August. The obvious photo would have been one from the beach, with the deep blue sky, the yellow cliffs and sand, and the sea. But at the end I chose a photo of the lunch we had at a charming café. Looking at the photo instantly brings back the memory of that day - the market, the delicious lunch, waiting for the bus to take us to the coast, which was over half an hour late, and the rest of the afternoon spent relaxing on the beach. It's the special moments of every day life I want to catch with these photos, not the 'holiday views' (although they're there too, I admit). And "having" to take a photo each day, makes me look out for those special moments, be more aware of what's around me, notice the little things, find beauty in the ordinary.

So here are April to August






2 comments:

  1. What a fascinating insight in to the daily life of Kay!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a fantastic collection here! I love your photography and how you've captured your moments!

    ReplyDelete