Friday 20 September 2013

Life is like a pot of tea...

After my thoughts about art journaling and how I want to use my art journal, I decided to use it to try out an idea I had in my head for a painting. My beloved, but rather neglected tea pot, that somehow got itself to the very back of the cupboard. It's a wonderful little tea pot that is about three times as big inside as it looks from the outside. Amazing. I guess the inspiration for painting it came from a repeat of Victoria Wood's Nice Cup of Tea, an excellent two part series about "Britain's love affair with tea", that was on the other day. Isn't it funny, how inspiration sometimes comes from the most unexpected places?


I want to paint it on a canvas, but decided to make a version in my art journal first. It's an excellent way to try out and see what works, and it also has the advantage that, should I ever actually get to selling a painting, I'll still have a version of it in my journal. I wanted to keep it very simple. Just the teapot on a patterned table cloth.


I was lucky to get about four big bags of all kinds of maps from all over the world recently, and I decided to use one as a background.


My collection of dried used tea bags to be used for some future tea art projects is every growing, and I took one of the labels add it onto the page. It comes from a most delicious butter mint tea that I discovered earlier this year. Tastes like minty toffee. Mmhhhh. Unfortunately, I couldn't find it anymore when I was in England, three weeks ago. And there's no way that something like butter mint tea would ever make its way to Switzerland.


Even though I'm now quite happy with the thought of art journal pages without any words at all, I decided I wanted to add a tea quote - "Life is like a pot of tea, it's all in how you make it". Next now is the canvas. The design's already drawn up and I'm just waiting for the weekend, to get my paints out.

Now I suggest you make yourself a nice cup, or pot, of tea, and hop over to Paint Party Friday to enjoy all the fabulous and inspiring art work that is shared there today.

17 comments:

  1. Grossartig! Sehe immer wieder gerne Deine Skizzen, Drawings, Paintings und Fotos :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is lovely - I really like the angle you've painted it at as if you're looking down on it from above. I'll look forward to seeing this on canvas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. terrific painting, like Nic I love the angle, Happy PPF, Annette x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well done, you really captured it! HPPF!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh, I can't wait to see what you do on canvas! Your journal page is brilliant!! I love the use of the map and tag too :0)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful teapot- it owns the page! Happy PPF!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your teapot turned out to be beautiful, nice job :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. You journal page is wonderful I will look forward to seeing it on canvas:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fantastic! Great composition and colors. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, such a beautiful painting of your teapot. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am a huge tea fan, infact some would say it an unhealthy addiction! :) I love your journal page. A lot of bloggers I follow use teabags in their art, I really must put all those thousands of teabags to use and give it a go.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh wonderful tea! I love your simple black tea pot and journal pages!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love your teapot! In life and on paper. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love your teapot on the orange background...gorgeous...! It would look amazing on canvas!

    Hugs Giggles

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love the color scheme in your pages, and the teapot's execution is excellent, since black is a hard color to work with. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  16. That journal page is absolutely beautiful, I really love it! I thought it was a book-page at first, then I realised it was your painting :D
    Happy PPF
    Ilona

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great perspective in your painting today.
    rinda

    ReplyDelete