Friday 22 June 2012

Choose wisely - and paint happy butterfly flowers

Another journal page in my "change art journal", with more happy "butterfly flowers" and fitting quote to go with them:

Life is change. Growth is optional. Choose wisely.

I used a Japanese newspaper as a background, some round butterfly stickers for the flowers, and some patterned paper for the leaves and for some of the cut out words. The rest is all acrylics. This page was such  fun to do, and I really like how it turned out (it looks a bit better in reality than in the pictures).


I had some difficulties in taking pictures of this page, and getting the colours right, and I don't really have a photo of the entire page I'm really happy with. So I decided to try out PicMonkey to make a collage. PicMonkey is quite similar to Picnic, which was shut down earlier this year. I usually do all my post processing in Photoshop Elements, including collages, but sometimes, you just want it to be quick, and I love round corners, and in my version of PSE, they're not easy to make.

I'm having the day off today. There'll be some serious scrubbing of the flat, but the rest of the day and weekend will all be dedicated to checkingo out who's come to the party, and lots and lots of painting. Have a wonderful day, and a very happy Paint Party Friday!

21 comments:

  1. Wonderful page and quote! The background newspaper was a great choice.
    Rinda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely page, so summery and happy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is beautiful - I love the colours you've used and what a great quote! Funny enough, I took today off work as well and am catching up with all the PPFers just now before having a lazy day in front of all the tv shows I recorded and haven't seen yet! I do plan to start the next painting for the Summer of Colour so it won't be totally lazy! I'm off now to find out more about PicMonkey!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So lovely, you're into green like me at the moment, it's that summer color. Your art is so very creative I love it, it's such a happy summery piece. Take care and enjoy your week-end!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely creation page ~ lots of creativity here ~thanks, ^_^ (A Creative Harbor)

    ReplyDelete
  6. These pages are just gorgeous , I love the colors you chose!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is stunning! I love your flowers and colors and well, all of it. Such fun details!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really like this journal page from the Japanese newspaper to the top layer of butterlies. Wonderful colors and prints! HPPF!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well these are STUNNING!!! I love that you used Japanese text rather than English! I downloaded Photoshop Elements 10 on my PC, but never got beyond the first page of the instruction book! So, I uninstalled it as found it far too complicated! I found Faststone Image Viewer which is free and so much easier to understand! Hats of to you for understanding photoshop! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  10. That green is such a beautiful shade. The Japanese newspaper makes such a great background. Beautiful. Happy PPF

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the green and those awesome butterflies. And the Japanese background is great - I love the look of text in a background but I always get distracted if I can read it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I really love your pages. They always have such detail and beauty!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. It's very beautiful...and love the green!! Try loading into photobucket...then do the edit on the brightness, hue and even color!! I just love it!!

    Hugs Giggles

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love your pages and this photocollage of them.
    The rounded corners of the photos really complement your pages!
    And that quote is amazing:
    Life is change. Growth is optional. Choose wisely.
    Did you compose that?
    ♥♥♥
    Happy PPF!!
    Mary
    Mixed-Media Map Art

    ReplyDelete
  15. I really ilk the text you chose--it is an important message--and I'm really impressed with how well the Japanese newspaper, with all its elaborate characters, makes such a complementary background.

    ReplyDelete
  16. What wonderful colors, and an amazing quote!

    ReplyDelete
  17. looks better than this photos?! I think I couldn´t stand that ;) I so so love your page ✿◕ ‿ ◕✿were is the favorite-button ?!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love making these collages! I usually do it the hard way, so I will check out that site. Now, I LOVe this piece seriously Love it. The green is so bold and all the detail. I can't stop staring.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Gorgeous! I love the colors and it is such a vibrate page! I love the Picmonkey collage! I use Picmonkey also, because I don't have photoshop. Thanks for sharing! Happy PPF!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Really neat. So many levels, so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Fascinating! and the butterfly flowers are gorgeous! I also like the green lovely background! :)

    ReplyDelete