Tuesday 7 July 2015

Summer of Colour, Week 5 - Succulent grapes

We're back from our little trip to the Palatinate region in Southwestern Germany, and the subject I chose for this week's colours for Summer of Colour - two greens and one pink - is really suitable. A big part of the Palatinate is wine-growing region, the second largest in the country, and we were driving along parts of the German Wine Route, through vineyards and small picturesque villages, where almost every house is a winery. It was a lovely four days, and even though we picked the hottest days for our trip, and the heat really felt almost unbearable at times, we all enjoyed it immensely. I will try and post some pictures later this week, although I didn't take quite as much as I usually would have done. It was just too hot.


25 comments:

  1. Wunderschön sind die Weintrauben! Klingt als hättet Ihr eine fantastische kleine Reise gehabt! Super!
    lg
    Susi

    ReplyDelete
  2. So happy that you had a wonderful trip! What an appropriate work of art to go along with your recent vacation! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Look forward to your trip photos. Those grapes look ready to it. Great use of the colors.:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What medium did you use for your grapes? They are great. It looks like pencil, but I am not sure. Either way, very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OK, such a good job, my mouth is watering for grapes. Lovely work with the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love how you made this. Beautiful work for SOC, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your entry this week, fab looking grapes.x

    ReplyDelete
  8. A lovely soft piece, well done!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Succulent is the word! Lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh fabulous - love the detail!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sehr schön, besonders die Stiele der Trauben sind dir toll gelungen! Ulrike

    ReplyDelete
  12. It's great to see you drawing again! Looking forward to seeing more :0)

    ReplyDelete
  13. beautiful illustration-perfect subject for the colors this week!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a magical entry. It was so realistic and I was really impressed with the shading. It's too bad it was so hot while you toured wine country in Germany. I was surprised also that nearly each house had a winery. How awesome that would have been. When I think of Germany, I think beer. Nice to know another region exists and my limited knowledge of Europe has once again been changed.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful work! Your grapes and description of your trip have me yearning to visit there myself!

    ReplyDelete