Friday 22 May 2015

What's in your fridge?

I put aside the portrait I've been working on for the past three weeks, and instead got my sketchbook and watercolours out. I somehow didn't get any time for painting during the weekend, and if I want to do something in the evenings, after work, getting out the acrylic paints always seems a bit too much. Watercolours, on the other hand, are the perfect medium for that. And if you don't know what to draw or paint, well, there's always the fridge. I've been keeping those tomatoes all week in order to finish the painting. I'm looking forward to having them for dinner tonight.


I meant to add some words too, but it was getting too late last night. I might add them later though. Most of all, I'm just happy about the fact that I sat down for an hour or so on two evening this week to paint. It doesn't take much time to do something, even when you're working (almost) full time. You can always manage to fit in a little bit of time, even if it's just 15 minutes or half an hour. I have to remember that more often.

12 comments:

  1. Wonderful work, there's not much in my fridge, I need to go shopping! Happy PPF, Valerie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is lovely and I agree completely - watercolours seem so much easier to work with and clean up after than acrylics which in my case require a drop cloth over the table and paint everywhere! It is satisfying when you paint when you'd honestly rather just sit and veg so good for you for creating such a lovely piece.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous! Some in your midst so beautiful! Good job!
    Hugs Giggles

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is lovely to see you have your paint brushes out again! Gorgeous! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great sketch. Sometimes the best art is just the simple joy of a sketch and a little color. Maybe because it is so simple and fun! Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. They look delisious, and I hope they will taste you well tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good idea about water colours to do a quick bit of art.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your piece. Great job. Have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely journal spread ~ of course, I have an affinity for vegetables (and all things rooted!)!

    ReplyDelete
  10. A lovely journal spread. Beautifully painted!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely journal. I agree, you can always find a little time to do art! Besides, it makes you so happy!

    ReplyDelete