Monday 10 December 2012

Playing with my new mobile and Instagram

I finally got myself a new mobile phone, after the battery of my old one had reached the state where it wasn't really possible to use it anymore without it being plugged in. I had been thinking about getting a new mobile for ages, but just couldn't make up my mind about what I wanted. At the end, I couldn't resist the new iPhone, and I was so excited that I didn't even had to wait the usual 2-5 weeks for it, as the phone shop just had a delivery the day before, and I could take it home and start playing with it straight away.


It's my first smartphone, and now instead of reading, I spend most of the time on the train playing with it, looking for new apps, listening to Swedish audio books, which I don't even have to download on to my phone anymore, downloading music, and taking photos and editing them on my phone with the use of different apps. My latest 'discovery' is Instagram. Yes, I know, it's nothing new, and even I had heard about it long before I even considered getting a new mobile. But right now, it's all new to me, and so much fun to use.

Are you using Instagram? I'm still finding it a bit confusing to find people there. You'll find me here: NORDLJUSDREAMS

7 comments:

  1. Instagram is cool! I love seeing you on there. Ronda Palazzari recently posted a series on how to use instagram. See it here: http://rondapalazzari.typepad.com/helpmeronda/instagram-stuff/
    Also, I don't remember seeing it in her series, but Roben Marie Smith, just did a video tutorial on how to deleted unwanted comments here: http://www.robenmarie.com/blog/2012/12/8/instagram-how-to-delete-unwanted-comments.html

    I have to say I only use the filters that comes with instagram, I don't combine with other apps, because my Android is rubbish, but I can't afford to get another phone yet. Definitely going for iphone next time. Enjoy your new phone!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the links, Carin! I love the instagram filters, so easy to just snap a photo, add a filter and post it. But sometimes, it's also fun to do some more editing, especially if you spend a lot of time on trains. And I've only just discovered how to upload photos from the camera's photo album on to Instagram. I don't know about other smart phones, but the iPhone's definitely great. Love mine already :)

      Delete
  2. I'm not with Instagram as I'm not sure what it's really for - but I couldn't live without my iPhone!
    But did you know that you are not supposed to make or take calls when it is plugged in? Apparently all mobiles are dangerous if used whilst charging, which is something I only learned the other day.
    Some of the apps are amazing though - I'm sure you'll still be playing with it in a year! :0)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I didn't know that! With my old phone, it really wasn't an option to make calls without it being plugged in. Instagram is a quite basic photo sharing app, a bit like Flickr, just much easier and more instant. It's quite fun, especially as there are some filters available, which allows you to edit the photo very easy and quickly. There certainly are some very cool apps around, and I already feel that my life is being organised/controlled by that little machine. I don't think I could live without it either - and I've only had it about 4 weeks!

      Delete
  3. richtig klasse! so schöne Fotos aber auch!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your Instagram photos are wonderful. I just started on Instagram recently too - kind of late to the party I guess! I still feel like I should be using my "big girl camera" since I've spent so much money on all of my gear for it! But, it's a fun thing to play with. Glad I read your post so now I'm following you on Instagram!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm getting an upgrade at Christmas; probably not all the way up to a 5, but anything will be an improvement for me
    Rinda

    ReplyDelete