Saturday 26 November 2011

Miaow!!

This friendly little cat came sneeking up on me while I was taking pictures during my walk this afternoon and insisted on being stroked and cuddled, and kept following me for quite a while when I walked on. I've been wanting to take cat pictures for quite a while, but finding a suitable subject wasn't so easy. I really whish I had already had my camera when my cat was still alive. I managed to get some pictures of this one, but it's not easy, they move so fast, and I think that that big black thing before one's face makes them rather uncomfortable. But doesn't she have the most beautiful green eyes?


Time spent with cats is never wasted. (Sigmund Freud)

A cat will be your friend, but never your slave. (Théophile Gautier)


By associating with the cat one only risks becoming richer. (Colette)


I'll have to try and draw and/or paint this cat. And one day, I'll definitely have a cat again.

3 comments:

  1. These are beautiful, gorgeous pics!! What a sweet kitty to let you take these and thanks for sharing from one cat lover to another!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Superb photography, Katja. So pin sharp and beautiful colours. Obviously dogs are better (she's right under my feet so I have to say that) but this cat's got a gorgeous little face, especially that tiny nose! I never know whether to focus on the nose or the eyes with cat and dog photos. You can see in these photos what a difference it makes, but both are perfectly OK in different ways. Lovely stuff. Hope you had a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally agree with Sigmund Freud "Time spent with cats is never wasted.". I love cats and I love your photos. Very nice!

    ReplyDelete